Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Chapter 6: Diapers And Drugs



BEBE's POV


I want to eat pancakes and  I will cook my pancakes!


Being pregnant is a blessing, I know but I become a fat woman who loves to cook and eat whatever she cooked! Cravings! I need to save money but I just can't fight the feeling of fluffy pancake with sweet honey poured over them! MmmMmMmm!


My due date is very near and I could feel anxiety and nervousness over this pregnancy. My back is killing me and I feel pain now and then.


Ibrahim and my parents are very helpful, especially my Dad. He would help clean the house and take Mom to the bookstore, clean the house and tend Ibrahim's garden.


After learning about my pregnancy, Ibrahim stopped looking for Xander, but it doesn't mean he doesn't care about him anymore. I could see him sometimes staring at his phone waiting for something, a call from someone or maybe from Xander. He doesn't show the sadness anymore but he seems aloof with my parents especially if he sees weird about them. He will just make a solemn face and go away.


*~0~*
One day I asked him if we could go to the library and read books about pregnancy. When we are going home from the library, I asked him if we could go for a walk first in the park. As we were walking I felt a sudden  pain in my abdomen and then after that it become so blurry...


  "Ibraaaahiiiim!!!" I shouted. I tried to hold on the chair near me and I could feel liquid gushing in my thighs. My water just broke.

Ibrahim looked around for help, he can't see anybody and panic crept in his face. He looked at me, shocked.

"What the hell are you doing?!!" I screamed at him.

The panic-stricken Ibrahim tried to look again for help and then someone came running to help us and she was wearing a paramedic suit.


It was Morgana, Ibrahim's best friend.

"Bebe, is that you? OH MY-" Morgana exclaimed as she looked at my condition. She got her phone and dial on it, "We have emergency here in Sunset Valley Park, I need an ambulance here!"

After tucking here cell phone in her pocket, she rushed into me and she looked at Ibrahim in disbelief.

"Bebe, I know it hurts but try to calm down and do a deep breathing. Okay. One, two, take a deep breathe, do it again." I followed her and sit down on the chair. When I calmed down, she stoop up and smacked my husband's shoulder, "You're a fool! Your wife is having a baby and you're like a frozen popsicle there!"

Ibrahim rushed to my side and whisper sorry. The ambulance finally came and Morgana and the other paramedics helped me until we reached the hospital.

*~0~* 
At the hospital everything went by so quickly, I was numb with pain, I cried out everytime I could feel someone moving me. Tears keep flowing in my eyes. Ibrahim hold my hand, someone brush my hair out of my face. I looked up and saw my Mom, teary-eye and at the corner of the room, I saw my Dad looking very worried but smiled at me. I smiled over the pain. I can do this.

Then the doctors said to push and I cried out because of the pain, "Let this be over with, please". I thought. That's all I could think about. After about 20 minutes, I let out a big push and then for a minute or two. I felt something slide out of me and I hear a cry. The doctor looked at me and show me my baby, "It's a beautiful girl". I laughed but I still feel weird inside, then an excruciating pain hit me.

"What is happening?" Ibrahim asked the doctor worriedly.

The doctor checked again then said, "Bebe, you have to push again okay?"

"WHY?" I shouted as nervousness crept with my tired body.

The doctor smiled at me. She looked at Ibrahim and said, "We have another one here and I think SHE's waiting for you to let her out, so push Bebe."

Ibrahim cried out happily. We had twins!


We named them Bethany and Beatrix, two beautiful girls. I was shocked that we had twins. I could not feel any happier. After 2 days I was released at the hospital and was still given time to rest in the house.


Taking care of these little princesses is very hard. We would wake up in the wee hours in the morning and feed, change diapers and play with them.

They are still young so we still can't say who resembles more, me or Ibrahim. We love them so much and it got me and Ibrahim closer again. After the death of Bessie and Buster, the loss of Xander and the moving in of my parents, he was pretty distant to me. I could feel it but he is trying to be there. I know, but after the twins were born we would talk about our future, their future and loving every moment of it. I could say we still are tight on budget, the house was still unfurnished but yet I am still smiling.


*~0~*  
IBRAHIM'S POV

I was busy preparing the dinner when the phone rang.

"I'm gonna get it," Dorie said. 

So I continue preparing Ratatouille, then Dorie approached me while holding the phone and place her other hand on my shoulder.

"A friend is looking for you, maybe after talking to him we could talk about the forest pixies again," Dorie said.

I gave her a puzzled look and got the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Dude. Miss me?"

I looked at Dorie and hold her shoulder. I felt like passing out. O thought I would never hear this cocky voice again.

"Men.. I know I've done something wrong. I'm really sorry but your birthday is coming up and I am gate- crashing at your birthday party!" Xander said on the other line.

"Damn you dude! You better be sure that you will be there. "I miss you!" I answered.

I just felt like a big lump was gone and I could feel that I could breathe easier. I looked at Dorie and smiled at her.

"I'm sorry."

Dorie gave me a puzzled look. "For what?"

"For not hanging out with you anymore?"

She smiled. "It's okay. I know you've been busy with the little pixies of your own."


Then my birthday came. What more could I ask for? Now that I am an ADULT, I have my long lost pal back and I have two little and beautiful daughters and a loving family. I could say that I should be satisfied with my life, but there is still something that is bothering me.

Sometimes I would get nightmares and dreams...


Thinking aside about my dreams. I was promoted to Fertilizer Analyst, which is paying well and I would not fiddle anymore with useless contraptions anymore. Now I'm doing research and testing which is better fertilizer that could make a plant grow fast and healthy. This would be a big help for me and for the budget of the family.


Everything was going so well in our household. Then one day as I got home I saw Morgana there, holding Bea.

"It was supposed to be you, holding our child like that."I thought. What am I even thinking? Morgana doesn't want to lived her husband so we moved on.

"Earth to Ibby?"

My thoughts were shattered by her voice.

"I'm sorry." I said. "What are you even doing here? Don't you have work?"

"It's my day off today and I delivered up some medicine for your in-laws and some vitamins to my two favorite god children." She smiled as she looked at my daughters.

Bebe made her a god mother to the two of them because it was her that saved her life and the babies.

"So what are these medicines? Is this to keep them off from being weird?" I suddenly become interested with the medicine Gus and Dorie are drinking.

"Weird? You are really fool. These are for the patients with schizophrenia. It keeps them not to see things they never should see or doesn't exist."

"Doesn't exist? What does it mean?"

She looked at me and suddenly become awkward. "You should ask your wife. I better go."

I was puzzled by her behavior. I was just asking her and how can they be dangerous when they are just a little weird, maybe they are just depressed or they are just like that, weird.


I become bothered by Morgana's behavior that day and she was like avoiding me, even on the twins's birthday. I know I should have asked my wife about this but there is something like an invisible force that is keeping me not to talk about this to her.

Maybe I should let it go or maybe.. I just don't know. It just keeps bothering me. Maybe I could ask someone about this, someone close to the Harts, someone who would not questions me why I ask these questions...


And I know who is that someone that could help me, his parents are the closest friends of Gus and Dorie, (well they are their only friends). I know he would not refuse, he owes me big time all the trouble he had done.

But at the back of my mind as I saw Xander come out. I know whatever he will tell would not be a happy story. I could feel it.

No comments:

Post a Comment